Search this Site

Custom Search

Saturday, April 10, 2010

DriveImageXML


Sorry for the late posting, for those of you who follow my site. My wife and I have been going through a lot recently. I have switched jobs again, we just a had baby boy March 23, and my little girl is getting rotten as ever. Everything went well though. Now onto the update. I recently discovered a program that can back up your windows installation. It is really great. It is called DriveImageXML. It is really great to use after doing a complete reinstall, with all of your drivers and games. Then you back it up with DriveImage. The next reinstall after you back up your windows installation will be with DriveImageXML. Within fifteen minutes, you are back to all your games and drivers installed. It is nice to be able to reinstall Windows without reinstalling countless number of programs, drivers, games, etc. It usually takes me a couple of days, due to work and the kids, to do a reinstall without DriveImage. It does only work while windows is active, (unless you build a windows live cd with BartPE). Later I will give instructions on how to do this, but for now I will give a link to someone who already has them listed. You can access the steps by going to http://tipsfor.us/ghost-windows-xp-for-free/. The windows live (BartPE) disc will allow to restore the image even if you can't boot into windows. So if you get a bsod (Blue Screen of Death), just use the BartPE disc and restore from it. You will either need an extra partition, hard drive, or maybe compress it enough to fit on a disk for the DriveImage. But if you put it on a disk, you need 2 cd drives (1 CD drive and one DVD drive). I just put my backup on another partition. As always, if you have any questions or advice, feel free to suggest or ask. Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox